Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why I NEED ZUMBA!!!

Well, today was one of those days where you just don't know if it will end...you feel crummy (thanks to being a female and something about cramps), you feel bugged and you just want to curl up in a fetal position and call it a day. As the day went on I knew ZUMBA was going to be a struggle and I would have to really push to make it a good class. I contemplated getting a sub and taking a break but I knew deep down that moments like that is when I need it the most. So I drug myself to the gym wondering how I was going to motivate 50+people into sweating their hearts out. Suddenly, everything changes, I walk into the room, I see the faces of the people that inspire me! There is (for privacy purposes you will remain nameless) Lady X who smiles at me and asks me how my day was. There is Lady Y who has lost 40 pounds coming to my classes over the past year. There is Lady Z who tells me she can't wait to do a particular song today. All of a sudden my stomach ache is disappearing and my heart starts beating as I get the music ready for the warm-up.

The music starts and everyone lights up..the energy is building and people are starting to get that look on their face that I crave. They are happy, and yet they are sweating. They are smiling and yet they are building muscles and burning calories.

30 minutes into the class and all my stressors and pain from earlier is completely gone...I am energized and relaxed. This is called the power of ZUMBA this is why I have the best job in the world.

Class comes to an end and I want to keep moving, keep dancing. One hour and the entire tone of my day is changed. Thank you ZUMBA and thank you ZUMBA goers!! I NEED you!!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing such a great job!!! You always motivate me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt this post with all my heart! I've experienced this so many times. Zumba is amazing because when you teach it you are serving other people. Making people happy is the drug:) You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom tried Zumba for the first time on saturday and she LOVED your class. I have some good instructors up here in northern utah but you were so awesome i am so jealous my mom gets to come to you every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Allison, where did you get the purple shirt you were wearing on saturday? LOVE it1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are talking about the open back one? It is from AYAYAY.com it is actually another zumba instructor's company out of SLC. Love their stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup, that was the one! thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete