Sunday, January 9, 2011

Zumba- Gratitude

Here we are, January of 2011 and my Zumba journey which began in 2008 continues to grow and amaze me everyday! I would be so selfish and ignorant if i didn't express how grateful I am to everyone that I have met in connection with in my classes. I know I rarely post on this blog and so not many will probably see this, but all the same it must be said. Everytime I go to teach a Zumba class I am so grateful for this so-called "job" I have. I am grateful for Zumba and the way it makes me feel. I am grateful for Latin Music which is truly a gift to the world with the power it has to change emotions. I am grateful for a healthy body that allows me to dance and express myself through movement. I am grateful for facilities that let me teach my classes. I am more than anything grateful for the people that attend my classes! I think I have the best classes in the world (Not because of my instruction by any means) simply because of the energy, smiles, and friendships that are made there. I am grateful for newcomers who take that scary step into the room and wonder what is going on and then 10 minutes into class can't stop smiling. I am grateful for my regulars who amaze me at their consistency(talk about inspiration) And last but certainly not least I am grateful for a husband that supports me in Zumba and the endless hours of choreography and latin music constantly within the walls of our home :).

As I reflect on this past year I feel so utterly spoiled for all that I have been able to experience and do. Thanks again for everyone's support and let's make 2011 even better!! Zumba thanks and Love!!

5 comments:

  1. I always stalk your blog. ;) kIdding. And we are grateful for YOU! U da u da best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said my Zumba mama and mami! You have changed hundreds of lives through your passion and skillz:) I too feel so grateful for this "job" and the culture that comes with it. Happy New Year to you and continued success! You deserve it ALL. I sure owe YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely put Alli! I am grateful to you for showing me that I don't have to feel like an idiot when I move my hips lol. I seriously think you have amazing talent and you should know that your class popularity is definitely because of you as an instructor and not just zumba! You are one of the nicest people I know and your energy and happiness rub off on every single person that enters the aerobics room! We love you and are grateful for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am thankful for Zumba, and specifically for YOUR classes! Your enthusiasm is contagious and you help us all experience more joy just by being who you are and teaching the way you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison I love your zumba class and I hope that you will continue teaching your the best instructor! -Aubrey

    ReplyDelete